Monday, September 22, 2008

I want to ride my bicycle . . .

Happy Monday, everyone! Where did the weekend go?! It seems like it was just hours ago that I was taking my Friday evening jaunt to the Newbury Comics in Faneuil Hall (note: a terrible location for a Newbury Comics!) and now suddenly – I’m back at my desk. Please lord, let this week be a gentle one!

Food wise, the weekend was not very exciting. Saturday night we went out on the town, and I got a walnut and goat cheese salad at Tavern on the Square. This was followed by a rum and diet coke and a couple light beers at the Courtside . .. which was then followed by a drunken karaoke performance of No Doubt’s “I’m Just A Girl”. God, I love Saturday night!!

The biggest thrill of the weekend, however, was the new addition to Tea’s world – my new bike, Ernestine!




Yes, I named my bike. I figured she and I need to bond and thus lessen the risk of me riding into traffic and dying. I won’t lie – I’m a little nervous about city biking. Growing up, I was always that kid who rode her bike into a mailbox, or fell in the neighbor’s bushes trying to hop the curb, etc. etc. But many years have passed since the peak of my awkward childhood phase – so I’m hoping that, along with the ability to write a check and use the stove, has come the ability to ride a bike without killing myself. I still need to adjust the seat and the handlebars before I take her out on an official road test. This will hopefully happen in the next day or so . . . although I am still totally beat from last week’s stress and my fun-filled weekend, and I’m now trying to fight off the Fall Plague. Be gone, plague -- there's much to do!

Also – I feel really badly that I’ve missed yoga the last two Sundays! Sunday morning is kind of a bad time to do hardcore yoga, since Saturday night tends to be my party night. The studio has a beginner class on Wednesday evenings, so while I might not have the company of my partner-in-crime, Julie, it might be more doable schedule wise. Plus an evening class might work better since I was pretty tired after the last session—it’d be perfect to go home, take a shower and crawl into bed! We’ll see if I can get my ass over there this week. Time to follow through on all my various plans and schemes!

No comments: