Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Typical Tuesday

Hey-yo. Nothing at all exciting to report today, Nutri-wise or otherwise. Today's menu featured:

Breakfast
Nutriflakes Bran Cereal
Nonfat peach yogurt
Pear

Nothing says: "Today's gonna be the most exciting day of my life!!!!" like a big bowl of bran cereal. Mmm.

Lunch
Nutrisystem cheese tortellini
Salad w. 1/4 c tuna

I didn't bother taking photos of this culinary masterpiece, since I think I've already documented the tortellini once. And really, there's only so many gloppy pictures of stuff in saucse I'm sure you good people are willing to stare at.

Snack
Nonfat blueberry yogurt
1/2 c. blueberries

Dinner
Florentine Sauce with Chicken Fettucini
1 c. broccoli
salad




Gloppy sauce picture of the day.

So I know this probably isn't much to look at -- but this was surprisingly delicious!! I am always slightly dubious about these attempts at your "favorite home cooked meals" . . .but the "florentine" sauce with this bad-boy was a pretty decent and delightfully creamy / alfredo-ish. To the point where I began to think "This can't possibly be a diet food item." I added some broccoli to soak up the sauce, which made it extra colorful and delish.

Dessert
Nutrisystem oatmeal cookie


No complaints here! Kind of reminded me of the Kashi brand dark chocolate chip cookies I used to buy . . . minus the chocolate. And after this little treat, I mustered the energy to go to the gym, since I was damn lazy yesterday. It felt good to just go move for awhile. Tomorrow morning I'm gonna set the alarm a little bit earlier and see if I can do some of my yoga video before work . . . some stretching and toning would be nice. Plus, Julie and I have been talking about taking a Sunday morning yoga class, so priming my body for some enlightened bending and balancing is a good idea!


No comments: