Monday, September 1, 2008

September is . . . Back to Blog Month!

Boo! Hey there, folks. 
I know, I know . . . I fell off the face of the food blog planet for a bit. Busy work week, a last hurrah holiday weekend. Excuses, excuses -- please to forgive moi! I confess, I did not exactly stick to the plan over Labor Day Weekend. There was drinking. There was drunken Dunkin Donuts bagel consumption. There were family dinners and italian restaurants and bread. There was a baby shower with amazingly yummy looking food that I fought hard to resist. And in the end, of course -- there was froyo. Oh, how I love my froyo! 
So the scales might be tipped a little not-so-favorably this week. But you know what? That's a-ok . .  . I'm back on track, ready to be a good little Nutri-gourmet for another month before graduating to the big wide world of Healthy, Food-Positive Living! And as a little sneak peek of the crunchy granola lifestyle I wish to embody, I decided to go commune with nature this weekend. Behold, photos from my hike at Walden Pond, which was followed by a stroll through the DeCordova Art Museum sculpture garden:








If I stick with the Nutrisystem, will I end up looking like this Tree Spirit . . .?? 
Getting out and hugging some trees was a good time, and definitely helped to recharge the ol' batteries. So today, I was back on form  . . . nursing a bit of a hangover, but I managed to stick to the Nutri-plan all day! This week coming up might be a little scary, since I'm rapidly running out of all the "yummy" looking meals . . . I'm finding myself left with a lot of the free "bonus" food, which is basically the shit that no one ever orders. Here's Monday's Menu:
Breakfast
Nutrisystem Chocolate Chip Scone
Nectarine
Nonfast raspberry yogurt





I popped the scone in the microwave for 10 seconds and it made all the difference! The chocolate chips got melty . . .  I could almost imagine this scone came from a real bakery. Or grocery store. 
Lunch
Nutrisystem Tomato and Corn Chowder
Salad w. 1/4 c. tuna




K, I'm not gonna lie . . . this "chowder" was pretty awful. It was like canned baked beans (which I hate) mixed with that crappy Beefaroni tomato sauce. I seriously considered dumping this entire bowl after just one bite . . . but because I was hungover and hungry, I managed to choke down most of it. I think there's another bowl of this lurking in the Lunch Box though. Shudder. 
Snack
Pear
1/4 c. cottage cheese 
Dinner
Nutrisystem Chicken and Pasta in Parmesean Sauce
Salad
peppers and mushrooms
Pear





After a super-lame lunch, I stuck with a dinner I knew I would enjoy. I added some mushrooms and peppers to the sauce, and treated myself to a salad AND a piece of fruit (technically it should have been one or the other) because I was feeling like I needed the boost before going out to hang in Davis Sq. for a little while. I also tried a new Dessert . . . 


Nutrisystem Caramel Popcorn!!

This is not something I would normally crave, but it seemed like it would satisfy the need for a sweet yet munchy snack . . . and it did! Just like Cracker Jack! I only wish there'd been a little bit more . . . ah well, it definitely kept me satisfied for the rest of the evening. 


So get ready kids . . . as the Meal Boxes grow ever more sparse, the next week should offer up some "exotic" food choices! Until then -- bon appetite! :) 

No comments: