Thursday, August 21, 2008

Day 10: We've Hit Double Digits, People!

Evenin' kids! Welcome to Day 10 of the Nutri-Gourmet lifestyle. I say "lifestyle" because it's becoming harder and harder to remember what life was like when I used to cook and eat food that didn't come from boxes in the corner of my kitchen.

Sorry if I sound a little tired, gang. I feel like I'm hitting a little bit of a wall this evening . . . tonight was the first time I've really felt like, "Damn -- I want a giant sandwich and some fro-yo!" I'm ridin' it out though . . . keeping my mind occupied and focusing on the overall goal of embracing a healthier lifestyle. So let's see what this Diet Diva ate today, shall we?

Breakfast
Nutrisystem Apple Strudel Scone
1/4 c. cottage cheese
Apple

This apple strudel scone rocked! I zapped it for 10 seconds in the microwave to make it a bit warm, and it was moist and delicious . . . and kept me full for a good, long time!

Lunch
Nutrisystem chicken noodle soup
Salad w. 1/4 c. tuna

Sorry gang -- no pics from lunch! I forgot my camera today, and forgot to ask Chelsee to document it for me! I know -- I'm lame. The soup was very good, though -- looked and tasted much like your "hearty noodle soup" that you'd get from a place like Au Bon Pain. Enjoyable, but not very exciting, which probably explains why I forgot I was supposed to be photographing it for posterity. I will say that this soup did not keep me full as long as some of the other lunch entrees have . . . but maybe I'm just having a weird "off" day.

Snack
Non-fat blueberry yogurt
1/2 c. blueberries from farmer's market

Best snack ever! I could eat this every day . . . which I believe is what I said yesterday. See, I'm true to my word!

Dinner
Nutrisystem Flatbread Pizza
farmer's market veggie salad
1/2 c. cooked broccoli
apple

This time I remembered to document the pizza making process! This is the "crust" in all its naked glory . . . .

Now for the sauce . . .

Add cheese, zap for a minute . . . bada-bing! Flatbread pizza for one!

Mangia, mangia!

Pizza was a good choice tonight, I think. I am in need of some faux junk / comfort food! This was basically just like the "thick crust" pizza I had on Friday, except square instead of round. Although, the "crust" was doughier and more delicious this time around . . . it reminded me of the little personal-pizzas we'd get at Pizza Hut back in my elementary school days. Mmm, mmm good.

Dessert
Nutrisystem pretzels

The package doesn't even try to mask the fact that these are not "normal" pretzels

Hmmm . . .


So I have a bunch of salty / savory "desserts" in my Dessert Box. Typically I'm looking for something sweet after dinner, but I figured tonight might be a good night to sample one of the more "snacky" options, since I'm already feeling like I just wanna shove food into my face. The pretzels were the most doubtful looking of the bunch. They are definitely more of a cracker consistency . . . but not bad. Light, crunchy and baked . . . although, aren't "regular" pretzels also baked? I'm not sure why the consistency of these pretzels needs to be so . . . different. Maybe cuz its harder to add "Nutrisol(TM)" to normal pretzel dough? Either way, this was the perfect thing for me to munch slowly and savor, and I'm feeling pretty full and satisfied now. Maybe not my favorite "dessert" thus far . . . but they got the job done!

Ok, time to go relax and unwind -- I'm anticipating a fairly busy weekend ahead! Until tomorrow!

No comments: