Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Day 9!

Ohhh, Wednesday! Today was a pretty standard (read: boring) day at the office. Nothing special. So let's just hop right to today's menu while I try to think of something mildly entertaining to say about today . . .

Breakfast
Nutrisystem Scrambled Eggs with Cheddar Cheese
Nonfat vanilla yogurt
1/2 c. blueberries

After yesterday's growly stomach issues, I made sure to pack an extra hearty breakfast this morning. For some reason, though, I didn't enjoy this egg entree nearly as much as the one I had last with with the veggie sausage crumbles. To be fair, I think I may have added too much water while preparing it . . . It took a few rounds in the microwave to get it appropriately "eggy" . . . and even then, there was kind of a "liquid sauce" at the bottom of the cup. And I didn't taste the cheese at all. BUT - my yogurt with fresh blueberries from the farmer's market was loooovely! I could eat that every morning for the rest of my life.

Lunch
Nutrisystem Fettucini Alfredo
Spinach and Spring Mix Salad
1/4 c. tuna

Salad course . . .

Pasta course!

Up close and personal with the noodle-y goodness . . .

Today was clearly my day for adding too much water to things. The "fettucini" cooked up nicely in this glorified ramen cup, but they were floating in a soupy broth. Luckily, it was a deliciously cheesey soupy broth, with little bits of mushroom and . . . peppers? I won't lie, I totally sipped the rest of the sauce like it was soup . . . and it was good!

Then came the afternoon, where I was met with an unexpected Nutri-challenge!! Chelsee got these sent to her for her birthday:
FAIRY TALE BROWNIES!!

Really, I should have seen this challenge coming, since I am the one who sent her the brownies, hahaha! But I was very good and managed to avoid temptation completely! I didn't have a single nibble of these delightful wonder brownies . . . honestly, I was afraid if I had one bite, I would end up eating an entire brownie. Instead, I had my Afternoon Snack of an apple and nonfat raspberry yogurt, which really . . . is just like a brownie. Sorta. Yup.

Dinner
Nutrisystem Zesty Style Chicken and Sausage with Brown Rice
Farmers Market Salad
Peach

The photo may not look like much, but this chicken, "sausage" and rice bowl was as zesty and delicious as promised. Again, this is something I probably never would have made beforehand, but I really liked the "cajun" spice flavor! New Orleans here we come! I also appreciated that this meal did not involve adding water to make some sort of soupy sauce.

As a reward for my will power today, I am indulging in a Miracle Brownie as I type this post. I will skip the photo since the Miracle Brownie is not much to look at, as evidenced by Day 1. Now its off to play some frisbee with the Gentleman Friend!

Until tomorrow, kids!

1 comment:

SeeLeigh said...

a) i need to clean under my desk! hot dang, never realized there was that much crap!
b) so proud of you for resisting the brownie temptation!!!! :)