Monday, August 18, 2008

Day 7: Someone's Got a Case of the Mondays

Yaaaaawn! Oh . . . sorry, people. For some reason I am totally draggin' this evening! Today was not a particularly strenuous Monday, but I am still feeling a bit zapped. I'll blame my lack of energy on Ladytime, but luckily that should be over soon!

Enough about my personal issues -- lets bring on the foooooood!

Breakfast
Nutrisystem Cluster Crunch cereal
Nonfat blueberry yogurt
Apple



Mmmm . . . man, do I love cereal. That sounds like such a dumbass thing to say, like, "I like trees," or "I like the color green." Its a fact, though -- I could happily eat cereal with milk every morning for the rest of my life. This cereal is Nutrisystem's take on Honey Nut Cheerios -- and it is a damn good interpretation. A little cinnamon-y too . . . a lovely part of this balanced breakfast!

Lunch
Nutrisystem Black Bean & Tortilla Soup
Spinach salad with fat free turkey




Patience, amigos . . . the soup is cooking . . .

And now, we feast!

I took a bite of this soup and said to Chelsee . . . "This is better than many of the things I have ordered at Chili's." After contemplating that statement for a minute, I can see how that could almost be a back-handed compliment . . . but for a long time the "Guiltless Grill Pita with a side of Black Beans from Chili's" was my dining out treat. This Black Bean Tortilla soup surpassed the Chili's black beans I once coveted during my post-LA Weightloss years . . . and that, good people, is a very high compliment! Ole!

Afternoon Snack
1/4 c. cottage cheese
Nectarine


Dinner
Nutrisystem Chicken Pasta Parmesan
1 c. cooked broccoli
salad

Mangia! Mangia!


This pasta dish was not as cheesy as its name led me to expect -- but that's ok. The chicken, as usual, was tender and delicious. The noodles were a little bit on the soft side, but the sauce was yummy and satisfying. I added broccoli for the usual Veggie Boost!


Dessert
Nutrisystem Milk Chocolatey Delight Bar

Don't judge . . . all candy bars look like a log of poo when you try to photograph them . . .


So after a tiring and hormonal day -- all I wanted was a candy bar. And that is basically what this was. A yummy layer of chocolate-creaminess on top of chewy caramel, all dipped in milk chocolate. If this hadn't been wrapped in Nutrisystem packaging, I would have bet the farm that this was actual candy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You never, ever sound like a dumbass saying you like cereal. I am a cereal whore, I kid you not. I could eat a box of Oh's cereal every day for the rest of my life and be happy, and for dessert I would have Cocoa Pebbles. With skim milk, of course. I actually can't eat any of the NS cereals because I love cereal too much!