Sunday, August 17, 2008

Day 6: Sunday, Sunday, Sunday

Hey all! Today was a fairly low-key Sunday . . . although I did finally make it to the gym after an almost 2-week hiatus, so that feels pretty excellent! Time to make the physical activity as routine as this box-meal biz is becoming! And speaking of the boxed-goodness, I've got pics today, so lets get to it:


Breakfast
NutriCinnamon Squares Cereal w. 1/2 c. skim milk
Nonfat vanilla yogurt
Apple





Ahh, what a balanced breakfast! I maintain that it is very hard to eff up cereal, so I wasn't particularly doubtful that this would be decent -- but these NutriCinnamon Squares really did give me some Life / Cinnamon Toast Crunch flashbacks.


Lunch
Nutrisystem Cheese Tortellini
Spinach salad w. 1/4 c. tuna





The cheese tortellini also comes in a Chef-Boy-Ar-Dee container, which made me nervous -- but these were pretty good! The sauce was yummy and had hearty tomato chunks in it. The tortellini itself was also pretty decent -- a little on the mushier side, but still definitely edible!


Afternoon Snack
2 slices fat free turkey
nectarine

After my trip to the gym, I felt like I could use a little protein boost, so I opted for some turkey instead of my usual afternoon yogurt. It was surprisingly satisfying . . . clearly my stomach is shrinking, or the magical drugs in this food are beginning to permenantly alter my consciousness. Either way -- snack on!


Dinner

Nutrisystem Chicken with Dumplings
1 c. cooked broccoli
Salad w. grape tomatoes







Chicken & dumplings? This is something that, outside of Nutrisystem World, I would never in a million years think of eating. It just sounds like something that would be served up in some lard-filled country diner. But . . . I have to say this entree earned a place on the Favorites List -- it was exactly like chicken pot pie! The "dumplings" were little doughy bits that were like a pot-pie sort of crust . . . amazing. I added some broccoli to absorb some of the gravy and beef up the veggie content -- the entree itself had peas and carrots mixed in already. Hello, Brady Bunch! Seriously, this meal looked and tasted like something Alice whipped up while Mrs. Brady wandered around the house fixing her hair and waiting for Mike and the kids to get home. Groooovy.


Dessert

Nutrisystem Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pudding


The pink on this pudding package is roughly the same color as my nose. Fabulous.


Mmm . . . everyone loves pudding -- especially the British.

Ok, LadyTime means ChocolateTime as far as I'm concerned. So I was drawn to the fact that this dessert used the word "chocolate" twice in its name. I should have remembered Mama G's warning that the "contents of the envelope are not as chocolatey as they appear." I let the pudding set in the fridge for a half hour which gave it a very nice, thick consistency . . . and the little mini chocolate chips sprinkled throughout were a nice touch. But I agree with Mama . . . not nearly as choco-licious as I expected. Still yum -- just not as yum as, say, a giant bucket of chocolate ice cream, which is totally what I could go for right now. Luckily, the drugs are starting to kick in, and I am sufficiently full. Good bless you, scary food additives.

1 comment:

SeeLeigh said...

YAYYYY! :) so proud of you for successfully making it through the first week!! Looking forward to see what goodies you have tomorrow! ;)